Thursday, July 8, 2010

La Roux

"Bulletproof". A song that is played on the radio frequently and whenever it comes on, i can admit it, i just wanna get up and dance, i start singing the lyrics(badly i might add) and tapping my feet. This toe tapping song is a HUGE hit so it made me think who is La Roux? I mean i never even heard of them before this song came out. So, using my trusty research skills, i went out on a mission to find out everything i could about La Roux. This meant: I read magazine articles, watched interviews, watched there music video, went on a fan pages and so much more. So here is what i found out:
La Roux consists of Elly Jackson and Ben Langmaid. In an interview elly told the story about how music was always a big part of her life and at 12 she taught herself how to play the guitar and started writing folk songs. Later she was introduced to producer  Ben Langmaid which as you know is the other half of La Roux.  She said on the days she was off from school, she would go over his house and they would write music together. That is how La Roux started. While i was reading an article about Elly, a qoute she said really made me think about the music i listen to and i totally agree. She said, " Just to be really honest. A lot of modern pop doesn't speak to me. If one more person puts 'dj turn it up'  in there lyrics, I'll take a gun to my head. I mean, there must be millions of people who like listening to those songs about being in the club, but i think there are millions who dont and want something else." And from this I understood how most of our modern songs are exactly the same and about the same things! So i applaud La Roux for creating something else.
Well, thats all for now. Bye! =)
**Subscribe**

No comments:

Post a Comment